Friday, September 14, 2007

dreaming great dreams

The weather today is my favorite: gray, rainy, and chilly. It's strange that I love this type of weather so much, because I would rather be outside any day than stuck indoors. But this kind of weather is somehow comforting to me. It seems like it's designed to get me thinking more than I usually do, while sipping coffee and relaxing in warm, comfy clothes.

I really considered working from home today - it's the perfect weather to do it ... but I had paperwork and filework to do, so I had to come into the office. But still, I'm sitting in front of a window, sipping coffee, and wearing warm, comfy clothes. So things are good.

This morning on the way into work I caught part of a radio show. The topic was "dreaming great dreams" - part of a 10 part series by Chip Ingram, who I always enjoy. The series is entitled, "Good to Great in God's Eyes" and I just went online and ordered the book. His words today struck some chords in my heart, and I can't seem to shake thoughts from my mind.

The main idea of today's study was that "God delights to do IMPOSSIBLE things through IMPROBABLE people to IMPART exceeding grace to UNDESERVING recipients." He talked about how we so often limit what God does in our lives because we keep Him in a small box and create small boxes around our lives, when He is just watching and waiting to instill great dreams inside us.

So much of what he said rings true in my life ... how sometimes we dream a dream and start to take steps toward it, but then an obstacle pops up or a door closes and we think we were wrong about the dream. Really, it's more likely that we are not in a place in our lives where the dream is ready to be realized. There are still things that need to happen with us before the dream can become reality. Like Joseph, who had the dream but then ran into snare after snare - eventually his dream became reality, but only after he became the man God wanted him to be.

My "dreams" lately seem to involve mountains, horses, other animals, troubled kids, and sharing lots of love. I am excited about the future and how everything may transpire.

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Kathie Graham said...

Hey there - I am now officially registered as a blogger, though I don't know how often I will blog away... just wanted to say hi, now that I'm official. :) Talk to you soon!
Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home