Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm conflicted about a rambling man ...

Lately, because I've been driving more, I've been listening to more music. And because I've been driving through the mountains, no other music seems to fit quite as well as the old, good stuff with heart ... lots of Waylon and Willie. And I love it ... but sometimes I still catch myself feeling a little troubled about the emptiness behind some of the lyrics. Can I sing my heart out without the sentiment seeping in a little bit?

Funny, I'm listening to Waylon right now. That's what you get for loving me. I guess maybe these are the questions that come with the quality.

Hm, can I ignore the sadness I feel when I hear about lonely cowboys riding away from women whose hearts they have stolen? I see the mindset being played out in everyday life ... and it hurts my heart.

This is one of those times I wish I didn't think so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home