Friday, July 20, 2007

Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.

(ok, so the title doesn't really relate to the post at all - it's just a quote I liked, and I couldn't think of a good title, so there it is. You can deal with it.)

Somehow some of my co-workers convinced me to run a 5k race with them in a few weeks. Not exactly sure how that happened, because I'm not really a "race" kind of person. I have done them in the past, but - unless they're for a good cause - they really strike me as "things you should be able to do on your own but maybe won't do unless there are lots of other people doing it and you get a free t-shirt." I am content to run - alone - beside streams and through the woods on root-covered trails ... but I'll appease my friends, just this once.

Anyway, I just got back from a really tough run on some windy, steep mountain roads. And this is fun? Hmmm.

Lots going on, as usual.

I stumbled across this quote today, and it suits me REALLY well:
Excellence can be attained if you care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think safe, dream more than others think is practical, and expect more than others think is possible.
- Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home