Thursday, July 05, 2007

i like my life

Today was a long day. But a good day.
It was a "working on files" day. I took one of my dogs to work with me, and took paperwork breaks to throw her bone and wrestle with her on the carpet and forget about work. Everyone else was doing the same thing. They sort of liked her at my office.
I took the Jeep to work. The drive home was the best part of the day ... it was just starting to cool down, and we caught the wonderful sight of the sky above the mountains growing darker as we drove alongside them. I am convinced that she was smiling as she leaned out the side and let the wind blow her cute little ears back. I sometimes almost feel a little bit guilty about my life being so good.
Last night I held 3-week-old Ashley for 40 straight minutes while her mama went for a baby-free walk down to the lake. She is perfect (Ashley, not the mom - though she is nice too).
I need to start giving back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home