Friday, June 15, 2007

she talks too much ...

I have made a very funny realization lately. Or I guess I haven't technically made the realization, but people have basically told me: I talk a lot.

Today I interviewed for a different position at my agency, and at the end of the interview the team offered me some feedback (basically part of the protocol here) ... and four out of four people listed my "area of growth" (a positive way of saying weakness) as the art of being more concise in my choice of words. This was funny for me to hear, since I used to be so shy that people thought I was rude.

Still, I like what someone recently said to me, and I used it at the interview today. I spend a good part of my day listening to people, so maybe I just need someone to listen to me for a little bit. I'll go with that!

The good thing is that they could only come up with one area of growth, and a huge long list of strengths. Ironically, one of my strengths mentioned was that I am very personable and easy to talk to.

Huh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home