Friday, June 08, 2007

beavers, and bear cubs, and deer (oh my!)

When I was driving up my road tonight I saw five beavers and two deer. I wish I had been the one to see the bear cub, but that was the luck of one of my neighbors.

Beavers are funny-looking, but I like them, and I'm a bit disappointed that Mr. and Mrs. Lake Lure Beaver are not like the Beavers of the Chronicles of Narnia. I see the creatures often, and at those times I have caught myself holding on to the hope that they might look at me and begin a dialogue. Sadly, however, the Lake Lure variety just scurry away. Or maybe they scuttle. Well, they do whatever it is that beavers do.

Tonight I made the wonderful discovery that thunderstorms help me to put the cover back on the Jeep much faster. I also discovered that it's much easier to just slide the cover back (and forward) than it is to complete remove it. I am forever learning ...

I picked up my coffee table this afternoon. It's the one that my new friend Sheri and I made together. I really, really like it. I still find myself surprised by my crafty abilities.

Umm, lots of new books, lots of new thoughts. I have started listening to "The River Why." The narrator is great at creating a unique voice for each character, and it's fun listening.

That's it for now. Lots going on ...
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home