Thursday, June 07, 2007

clarification

Apparently my last post was a bit confusing in how it was written. The twenty minutes that I spent grumbling and thinking bad things this morning happened while I was removing the top from my Jeep. As it turns out, I made it much more complicated than necessary ... but oh well, it was a learning experience.

I was going to hang out at home and relax tonight, but I just got an invitation to go check out a local bluegrass place. I am pretty careful about these kind of invitations, because it seems like a lot of the "bluegrass places" around here are bars that have "bluegrass" (notice the quotes) bands play (or jam - another telltale sign that it's not the place for me) on a weekly basis. They're crowded and loud, and the music is more like pop music than bluegrass. People who go to the shows seem more focused on the beer anyway, than on the goatee-d, dreadlocked bunch of ragamuffins on the stage.

This place sounds a little more my speed ... it's not well-known, most of the players make their own instruments, and they usually have some kind of potluck deal happening.

Oh, real quick ... here's something fun. I have started to put together a small collection of quotes to give to my clients. I am writing the quotes calligraphy style and putting them together into little books. I gave one to my 14-year-old client and his mom yesterday, and I honestly thought they were going to cry. Here are just a few of the quotes I included:
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
- Jim Rohn

The major reason for setting a goal is for what it makes of you to accomplish it. What it makes of you will always be the far greater value than what you get.
- Jim Rohn

Character isn't something you were born with and can't change, like your fingerprints. It's something you weren't born with and must take responsibility for forming.
- Jim Rohn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home