Sunday, June 17, 2007

so that tonight I might dream

I have discovered something I like even more than driving the Jeep through the mountains, with the top off, in the daytime: driving in the Jeep through the mountains, with the top off, at night. Today was day of hiking and driving and good conversation ... and at the end of it I found myself driving along windy mountain roads as the air cooled, the trees became more fragrant, and the star became dotted with little points of light.

I am convinced there are more stars in the sky here. Tonight I pulled over and laid on the hood of the Jeep because I thought that was a bit safer than glancing up every few minutes while driving. I felt so small, and yet so significant at the same time.

I am going to crawl into bed and enjoy the smell of night, stars, and moonlight (incredible moon tonight!) that has somehow soaked into my skin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home