Friday, July 06, 2007

I like this a lot

It's from Wednesday's Reflections for Ragamuffins:
What the world longs for from the Christian religion is the witness of men and women daring enough to be different, humble enough to make mistakes, wild enough to be burned in the fire of love, real enough to make others see how unreal they are. Jesus, Son of the living God, anoint us with fire this day. Let your Word not shine in our hearts, let it BURN. Let there be no division, compromise, or holding back. Separate the mystics from the romantics, and goad us to that daredevil leap into the abyss of your love.
It's a good reminder to me.

Lots going on. My neighbor (the one who is the mama to teeny, tiny little Ashley) is going to church with me tomorrow. And today I gave a new copy of Blue Like Jazz to Justin at work. I am curious about, and fascinated by, life and the people that fill it.

I have been reading about the history of the counseling profession. So interesting. There's a lot in there about how counseling sort of flourished during the Depression era. Makes sense, but it's nothing I would have necessarily thought about before.

Really, really good book I'm reading/listening to right now: The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. If Anne Frank lived in the South in the 60's and her writing ability wasn't quite so amazing, this might be something she would write. There's no Miep, and the narrator on the CD doesn't quite offer what Winona Ryder does to the recorded version of Anne Frank's writing ... but still - really, really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home