Saturday, November 01, 2008

line in the sand

This scares me, A LOT. I have known for a bit that I would not vote for Obama because he is wishy-washy on many issues, particularly the issue of abortion. The way in which he says he is personally against it, but does not feel it is his right to impose his values on others does not at all match with his early statement that he would not want his daughters to be "punished" with a child.

I wish this was discussed more than all the "yes, you did"/"no, I didn't" stuff. Argh. I remember how active I used to be in the pro-life movement, and feel sad that I don't really even think a whole lot about it now. But when I spend even just two minutes with a child of any age, I am reminded of how precious and unique that child is, and feel a bit of an innate urge to protect them from any surrounding harms.

Please watch this video and think about the child. Don't think of how well Obama speaks or how McCain is a little bit goofy-looking. Think about the little baby who knows nothing of all this political mumbo-jumbo and who has the ability to grow up to write inspiring novels or perhaps develop a cure of cancer, and who has the right to witness a breathtaking sunrise and the chilly splendor of a star-speckled night sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home