Thursday, June 12, 2008

I do

And I will ... THIS WEEKEND.

Wow.

It's funny, I really sort of never thought I would get married. In a way I wonder what I'm giving up. Not when I think about him. Just when I think about MARRIAGE. So I guess I just really need to think about him ... and how I am crazy about him ... and how he held me tonight when I cried ... and how he led me in prayer as I sniffled ... and how I miss him during the day at the strangest times ... and how I already LOVE that I can just come "home" and see him and not have to make plans to get together with him. Because he'll be there when I get HOME! And home is a house that he owns, not a temporary stop involving a shady and incompetent landlord who doesn't fix things.

There's lots and lots going on, and it's a very good kind of busy.

I should be asleep already, but I am busy thinking about this weekend and about this new life on which I am embarking.

I turned 31 this past Saturday, and this Saturday I will turn into someone's wife. There's lots going on.

My birthday was wonderful. He told me what to pack but wouldn't tell me what we were doing. The day was full of surprises. We stopped at a bike shop and he bought me new riding glasses (after many complaints from me of what a dork I looked like with his silly goggles). It was HOT out, and I wasn't that prepared ... so he also bought me a tough little red tanktop, complete with skull and crossbones on the back in the middle of an ad for the bike shop.

THEN ... he took me to get a massage. It was actually a couple's massage, but at a strange place where no one in the room spoke. This caused us to feel as if we shouldn't speak either. It was wonderful but also very oily. So we had to go back to the house and take showers to get off all the very fragrant massage oil.

And then we hopped on his bike and took off to the mountains. I hadn't been to the GA mountains yet, and I liked them almost as much as the mountains in NC (but not quite as much). Very pretty, and very fun roads on the back of a motorcycle with a man who likes to go fast.

We had dinner and wandered around, and discovered that we had just missed the biker rally earlier that day. I felt a little conspicuous walking around in my red biker tanktop and my leather boots, almost expecting one of the tough biker chics to pick a fight with the biker chic poser (me!). But no one did, and we left in peace. I only wish I had worn my cowboy boots that day, to complete my look.

The drive back was even better, because we caught the sunset. Will the rest of my life be this nice?

I am off to sleep about photographers who don't show up (a real dream the other night) and whatever else comes up.

I will post a link to some pictures after I get them, which may not be for a few weeks.

But know that this weekend, in the mountains of NC, I will be wedding, kissing my HUSBAND (at the wedding, of course!), listening to a bluegrass band, eating BBQ, riding some horses, maybe fly-fishing, doing other assorted things, and not thinking at all about writing on this blog.

Catch you soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Darcie said...

Congratulations, Krista! It's been too long... but I look forward to seeing pictures and hearing how you met this lanky Southern gent. :) I'm praying for a perfect day for you!!

Darcie

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Stacey Lawlis said...

Congratulations, Krista! I'm so happy for you! PICS, please! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home