Wednesday, July 07, 2004

silent tears

I have a lot on my mind ... most of which I don't feel ready to share here. All good stuff, but heavy stuff.

Anyway, this poem just came. I'm not sure if it makes sense, but it seems to convey what is going on inside of me (sort of).

Tears fall silently to the ground.
Aching heart, spinning mind.
Where have these feelings come from?
Who am I now?
How can I feel so much, so fast?

There is a part of me I do not recognize,
A part of me that is new and alive.
You came along and pushed past the obvious.
You reached inside of me and pulled out the beauty.
It's as if the One who created me clued you in,
He told you where to find the best part of me.
And then He allowed you to expose it.
My book is open, my heart is raw.
Life is thriving, and still tears fall.

For years and years, we traveled on different paths,
Unaware of the other, out there somewhere,
Stumbling and falling and getting back up,
Brushing the dust off and looking ahead.
If only I knew what lay ahead of me,
I would have run and pushed forward,
Not taking so many detours off the path.
And yet it was not time,
His Hand was not leading.
But here we are now, and still tears fall.

The road ahead is dark, there are rocks and thistles.
A cold wind blows and threatens to deter.
But the One who led us this far still beckons us on.
Holding out hope and promising love.
Whether our paths converge from this point on,
Or whether our roads split off into the dark unknown,
The light of His love will guide each of us.
My heart is at peace, and still tears fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home