Monday, July 12, 2004

we are like H2O

I just stumbled across this incredibly talented musician that I have never, ever heard of before. I always feel like I have been missing out on something all this time when I find someone who has been around for a little while, and I have never heard of him or her.

Anyway, Tom Conlon is his name, and great music with deep lyrics is his game. The lyrics to "Water" especially resonated with me right now:

It's a silent night, I'm sleeping in my bed
In a studio apartment, with a dream in my head

But nothing much changes, unless I change it
One day when the time is right I just might rearrange it

We are like water, we fit the container
Then we look for an outlet, no we can't just remain there
It's all about flowing out into dry land, open mouth, dirty hands

I heard about you, making friends with a stranger
Now he's got a new family 'cause you had no fear of danger
Well I had my days of waiting by the roadside
For a friend like you, who wasn't afraid to give me a ride

We are like water, we fit the container
Then we look for an outlet, no we can't just remain there
It's all about flowing out into dry land, open mouth, dirty hands

I found that I can be a friend and a lover
And I've got sweet water to fill your cup
And I've got this well of life, the source is high above me
I just let it out, I just let it out, it keeps filling up, and filling up, and filling up

Children of light, sons and daughters
Sitting in buildings, standing water
Maybe some day soon our hearts will open
Maybe one of these silent nights
We'll just rush like a river flowing

We are like water, we fit the container
Then we look for an outlet, no we can't just remain there
It's all about flowing out into dry land, open mouth, dirty hands
Into dry land, making soil out of sand


I am always encouraged when someone else's words match the things that are running through my head. It makes me realize that we really are all connected, more than we know. May the love flow out of our connected souls, like a river into the dry land.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Darcie, I think I just deleted your post by accident. Awe, man ... I don't get too many posts on here, and then I go ahead and delete one of the ones I did get!!!!

Sorry.

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the little nuggets of truth on your site as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home