Wednesday, July 14, 2004

new today, and new again tomorrow

So yesterday I had an icky day. I'm not sure why, nothing particularly bad happened. I just felt like being grumpy all day, so I was. It would be easy to place the blame on my job and how I don't really enjoy it too much these days ... but I'm sure it's more than that. I have a feeling it has something more to do with the state of my heart. It's just flat-out ugly sometimes. I think as a new reality tv show, they should have "Extreme Heart Make-over," and I would be the first in line.

Yeah, see that grotesque fatty area of selfishness over there? We'll need to suck that right out.
Ewwww, and those feelings of jealousy and self-pity? They're so deeply rooted, I'm not sure if we can get those out easily, but they really need to go.
Man, check out the ugly complacent spot on this one! We better do something about that, before it overtakes her entire life!

Wow, that would be something, eh? I go in an ugly, grumpy person, and I come out something new and pretty. If only it was that easy ...

But maybe it is. Doesn't it say something in 1 Corinthians 5:17 about anyone who is in Christ being a new creation? Old (ugly) things go away, and all things become new. But here's what I wonder ... does this only happen once? Maybe it's a continuous thing, since we're still in this world and still in our mortal bodies. Maybe it's a constant renewing of our hearts. Like this morning, when I woke up, I could have still felt grumpy and ugly like I did yesterday. But that grumpy person has passed away. It's a new day, and I can be a new creation all over again. That's what I'm going with anyway. I want Miss Grumpy to be crucified with Christ, so that today I can be Miss Christ-is-living-in-me. After all, who would you rather spend time with: a chic with an ugly, selfish-cellulite filled heart ... or a girl with a sparkling new heart, full of love and compassion and all that other good stuff I could never have on my own?

Move over, Extreme Make-over, God's got a better way.

2 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Darcie said...

amen! me too! me too! can i be second in line? what an awesome image, krista! (not to mention show idea... i bet you really could get nbc to buy it!) i'd watch the show... it'd be a breath of fresh air amongst the great smog that is reality tv. but seriously... i know what you're saying, and you know i know what you're saying (if you've read my blog lately, anyway). :) thanks for such a unique, humourous, and creative expression of it, though.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Yeah, I've definitely read your blog lately. And yeah, I know you know what I'm saying. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home