Wednesday, January 19, 2005

bigger than me

"God is looking for people through whom he can do the impossible. What a pity that we plan only the things we can do ourselves."
- A.W. Tozer


There is a semi-major decision in front of me, and I am watching myself as I try to figure it out on my own. I'm writing up my list of pros and cons, and I'm asking the advice of others. I'm turning this whole thing into something I think I can control or do myself, and I should be letting go of it and letting Him turn it into something so much bigger.

I know in my head that ultimately He is the one that controls the outcome, and somehow I seem to think that all my plotting and planning and preparing will somehow make it go more smoothly. What a silly girl I am.

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Rick said...

hi, krista - great post. i'm in a similar sitch, and not praying whether or not i should do something, but that i'll say "yes" to what's being asked of me. i'm more scared of saying "no" to something God would ask then of saying "yes" to what might prove to be the wrong thing. does that make sense?

thanks for posting your thoughts on that.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Rick,

It completely makes sense. I think sometimes our prayers are so small ... because we're trying to work things out on our own, even when we pray. At least for me, sometimes "prayer" means sitting and being quiet with God, and letting Him take all the crazy stuff that's going on inside me and make sense of it. Because He knows it all anyway.

ps -- I very much enjoy your blog.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Rick said...

back atcha - here and over there :). it's a real encouragement to read the stories of other real people dealing with real issues, real mistakes, real successes, etc.

pressing in, pressing on - that's mostly the best we can do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home