Saturday, January 06, 2007

making up for lost time

Ok, so I am a blogging fool today.
So much good stuff that I need to share. So many good thoughts and ideas out there, and it's so encouraging to know that they are in other people's heads as much as in mine.
I read this on a friend's blog today, and it resonated well with me.
I know that God made marriage to be a love between two people who love each other as He loves His church ... and God is always using relationships to draw others to Himself. It isn't to fill ME, it is to show me HIM.
Someday maybe I will share that kind of love with a godly man, and I will know in my heart he is the one when he always points me to my Father in heaven ... and not to himself. I used to look for that "giddy" feeling. That "oh so in love" feeling. That isn't the kind of love that lasts. I see young couples all the time who are so in love for a short time ... it is the "Britney Spears" syndrome. It fades and dies because it was really lust. I am not a relationship expert, but God has taught me so much through a decade of a failed marriage. He has taught me a love that lasts and it is only in Him that I find it. So if I do meet someone and feel like I love him enough to consider giving marriage another chance, it won't be the butterflies in my stomach that let me know. It won't be the goosebumps on my arms that guide me ... it will be the reflection of Christ that I see in his face.
Nothing too deep or profound, but it makes a whole lot of sense. Not so sure about the whole Britney Spears thing, but I think she is otherwise pretty much right-on with what she says.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home